Tips for Protecting Your Cards and for Using ATMs Safely
Protecting Your Debit Card
- Always protect your Community First Bank Visa® Debit Card and keep it in a safe place, just like you would cash, credit cards or checks.
- Do not leave your Card lying around the house or on your desk at work. No one should have access to the card but you. Notify us immediately if your Community First Bank Visa® Debit Card is lost or stolen or if you suspect unauthorized use.
- For Visa® Debit Card/ATM Cards, to report a lost or stolen card, please call 509-783-3435 (during normal business hours) or 1-800-554-8969. Or, please visit your local Community First Bank branch.
- For Visa® Credit Cards, to report a lost or stolen card, please call 509-783-3435 (during normal business hours) or 1-800-367-7576. Or, please visit your local Community First Bank branch.
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) a secret. Never write it down anywhere, especially on your Card.
- Do not provide your Card information over the telephone unless you initiated the call. Never provide your PIN over the telephone. For example, if you receive a call, supposedly from the bank or possibly the police, wanting to verify your PIN, do not give that information. Notify the police immediately.
Using an ATM
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night. If you observe or sense suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the machine at that time.
- Have your Card ready and in your hand as you approach the ATM. Don't wait to get to the ATM and then take your Card out of your wallet or purse.
- Visually inspect the ATM for possible skimming devices. Potential indicators can include sticky residue or evidence of an adhesive used by criminals to affix the device, scratches, damaged or crooked pieces, loose or extra attachments on the card slot, or noticeable resistance when pressing the keypad.
- Be careful that no one can see you enter your PIN at the ATM. Use your other hand or body to shield the ATM keyboard as you enter your PIN into the ATM.
- If you receive a receipt following your transaction, always take the receipt with you to keep your account information confidential.
- Consider selecting "no receipt" as your preference at Community First Bank ATMs. Our advanced ATMs allow you to set personal preferences, including 'receipt option.'' The preferences that you set will be remembered at all Community First Bank advanced ATMs and will remain in place until you change them.
- Do not count or visually display any money you received from the ATM. Immediately put your money into your pocket or purse and count it later.
- If you are using a drive-up ATM, be sure passenger windows are rolled up and all doors are locked. If you leave your car and walk to the ATM, lock your car.
Special Precautions for Using an ATM at Night
- Park close to the ATM in a well-lighted area.
- Consider having someone accompany you when using an ATM after dark.
- If the lights at the ATM are not working, do not use it.
- If shrubbery has overgrown or a tree blocks the view, select another ATM. If this is a Community First Bank ATM, please notify us.